Oriental rugs are so beautiful and desirable that, to paraphrase Lays Potato Chips, some people can’t have just one.
It’s pretty easy to figure out that collecting oriental carpets is a rather expensive proposition, with costs ranging from a few thousand dollars to prices that only a trust fund baby or Wall Street tycoon could afford.
The most valuable oriental rugs are the centuries old, antique ones, that are handmade; which is a lengthy process especially if there are complicated designs. The knot count, fiber material, origin, condition, age and current market demand determines the price. Because there are usually more buyers than there are one-of-a-kind antique oriental carpets, the value traditionally stays above the inflation rate.
Avoid being taken for a carpet ride
Before you buy:
- Be well informed about carpet types and terms.
- Research handmade carpets and prices. Origin –fiber martial -knots/square inch
- Read books/articles on carpet collecting.
- Get recommendations for well-established, reputable dealers.
- Examine each carpet carefully – even the backside –look for any repair work
- Arrange to take the carpet home to see how it looks in your home.
- Ask for a certificate of authenticity.
- Request names of trusted Oriental rug cleaners because antique floor coverings are best cleaned or repaired by professionals.
Contact revitaRUGS To Clean Your Oriental Rugs.
We properly care for your original Oriental rugs, beginning with a proprietary air filtered dust removal, which cleans and removes loose dirt and debris. Then our organic wash process applies gentle pressure using a computer-controlled system, which automatically adjusts for varied rug piles or thicknesses. The soft water used is micro-filtered to be combined with gentle organic soaps. Rinsing and cleaning take place at the same time to avoid oversaturation, and fringe is hand washed. The majority of moisture content is removed immediately in our proprietary pre-drying system. The last stage of drying takes place in our fully enclosed custom engineered temperature controlled drying rooms.
Oriental Rug Repair
RevitaRUGS’ master conservators assess your oriental rugs using the latest microscopes and cameras to verify a rug’s fiber condition and define our course of action. Then they go to work, repairing, weaving, re-dyeing, and re-fringing as required to restore your antique Oriental carpets to their original beauty.
Ready to Clean Your Oriental Rug Collection?
Get your fast, free, no-obligation quote from one of our Revita Experts today at the premier NYC revitaRUGS! Call us at 1.855.5.REVITA or, fill out our contact form here.